This one-day course is designed for experienced users of Asta Powerproject who need a practical course to use S-curves for progress reporting.
Who should attend?
This course target is mainly for Project Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Enterprise and Project Risk Managers, Project Control Managers, Project Control Engineers, Resource Managers, Cost Control Engineers, Engineers and Planners, Information Technology Managers. It is particularly suitable for delegates who have attended the “Create and Manage Projects” course and also the “Resource and Cost Management” course.
After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Create S-curves for progress reporting
- Run a straight and jagged progress line programme
- Structure and progress projects effectively
- Create progress reports
- Use free sample S-curve templates and related macro to help you get started with your own projects
In What Type of Projects
Construction, Technology Organisations, Civil Engineering, Public Sector, Facilities Management, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Consultancy Firms.
There are two parts to this course, with an option of covering all topics in one course over two consecutive days, or two separate one day courses.
- Preparing the project for S-curve reporting
- S-curve creation in Powerproject
- Baseline creation and merging into baselines
- Advanced column creation to produce suggested progress tables
- Overall Percent Complete explanations
- Progress options
- Straight Line versus Jagged Line programmes
- Straight Line and Jagged Line programmes
- Creating reports in Excel
- ASAP versus ALAP S-curves
- User column creation to create columns for comments, reasons for delay, and others as directed
- Progress At and Progress In period tables
Need a fully customised training course?
We can run training courses that are customised to your specific requirements. The project management training can based on your own templates and the course notes tailored to reflect the way you run projects.
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the program.
Contact our Training Department on email firstname.lastname@example.org